Red Carpet in the Riviera

Explore Cannes Film Festival
 Experience Madison Square
Experience Witchery Man
 

His

Her

The Experience
Explore Cannes Film Festival
The Glitz & Glamour of the Cannes International Film Festival 
His Perspective
If you’ve ever watched ‘Entourage’, I’m sure you’ve wanted to go to the Cannes Film Festival. I’m also sure that you’ve had doubts about the difference between it on TV and in real life. Well, I can honestly say, it’s exactly as Entourage portrays it. Monster yachts, countless Rolls Royce Phantoms, Ferraris, Bugattis, stars, red carpets, parties, and an endless sea of gold diggers. So if you have a Vince in your life, it’s a great place to be. Unfortunately, most of us don’t. But that’s ok. With so much on, you can still enjoy being involved in something every day and night.

Just being in Cannes brings with it a great atmosphere, but if you do your homework early enough, and make use of the social networks to try and get some insider tips on what’s going on, you will always be close enough to the action. We were able to catch the red carpets, hit some parties, and have a great time. Sometimes it felt like we were always a step behind the happenings (even missing out on Adrian Grenier having dinner where we did by minutes), but it didn’t matter.

Cannes is well worth visiting during the Film Festival, and we had an amazing time. Now to work on making friends with a film star for the next one…






 



Her Perspective
You hear about Cannes Film Festival on entertainment TV, you see the glossy pics in the magazines, critique the dresses on social media, but I still really didn’t know what to expect.
We arrived the day before the launch of ‘Palais des Festivals’, and there was a buzz in the air already, the yachts were coming in and getting cleaned ready for the parties, the barricades for fans were being put up surrounding the famous red carpet stairs, the paparazzi area set up with portable ladders and stools. Croisette beach was lined with pop up marquees for restaurants / bars, each individually styled. We were just imagining how crazy it was going to be the next day; it really was the calm before the storm.

The next few days were a whirlwind. It’s like a slice of Hollywood, and every rich person in Europe decided to take a beach holiday in Cannes. And why wouldn’t they. Cannes really put on a show. Our days consisted of sleeping in, lounging at one of the beach lounges under the sun and a spot of shopping on the Croisette. Our nights started with us standing amongst the crowd to get a glimpse of that day’s IT celebrity and THE dress she was wearing (my obsession was definitely Blake Lively - she was perfection all 3 times she graced the carpet, and absolutely glowed the last time when she walked hand in hand with hubby Ryan Reynolds). We then people watched over dinner on the main strip – the path looked like a runway, with beautiful women clad in the most current designer wear, strutting their new hairdo and new Jimmy Choos. Then chased the best party in town. Each party we were entertained by a superstar performance, or a glitzy show of crazily dressed entertainers, flares and strobe lights, top DJs flew in, and the music pumped till the sun rose up, all the while rubbing shoulders with celebrities from current to has-beens.

The Brand
Experience Madison Square Clothing
Her Madison Square Cape

His Perspective
Ok… so it’s a cape. Does anyone else think that’s not a bit odd? I’ll admit that it fits with most of the outfits Farah has, but… the fact it’s a cape is odd to me. At the end of the day, I guess it’s very original, as I haven’t seen any capes on people (not counting some locals in Harajuku) but my biggest gripe with this piece is I can’t wrap my arm around her when I am walking. So not only do I end up feeling awkward because I am in an odd position with her, but I also feel awkward because I am walking around with Batgirl.
 



Her Perspective
I adore this Cape, I’ve never found one that is this tailored, with squared shoulders. I love that it makes any outfit that little bit more stylish and formal. I don’t know why, but it makes me feel empowered, it’s like the perfect mix between putting on that expensive suit jacket before a client presentation, and walking down a runway in something unique and trendy. Does anybody else feel this way about the Cape?? This one is from Madison Square, another fave Australian brand based in Melbourne, whose pieces are always so unique and edgy, and current.

The Brand 
Experience Witchery Man
His Light Grey Witchery Man Blazer
 
His Perspective
This is one of my favourite blazers because it’s so versatile. It’s different enough with its subtle detailing (uneven lapel, elbow pads, slight pinstripe texture), but also neutral enough to be used with any other pieces of an outfit. It was also part of a birthday present from Farah, which makes it that much nicer.

 


Her Perspective
I love shopping at Witchery for myself, but every now and then I’ll pop in to the Men’s section for Tiago. Their selection is always clean, tailored and fresh. Like this Blazer. The light grey texture, and the large pocket makes it perfect to throw over a tee as a casual summer’s day blazer.

 


 

About Us

"She is my inspiration and He is my life manager"
We are newlyweds. This blog is a His & Her Perspective on our travels and experiences.

Follow Us on Instagram